Tools Needed: Plastic Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips Head Screwdriver
1. Remove the Bottom Cover
- Remove 10 screws from the bottom cover.
- On the right corner nearest to the hinges, push the plastic spudger into the gap between the palmrest and the bottom cover. Slowly push up until you hear a click.
- Run the spudger around the edge of the palmrest until the palmrest and the bottom cover are separated.
Before removing any internal parts you will have to disconnect the cables that attach them to the other parts. The next few steps will detail this process.
Now that all of the cables are disconnected the computer can be disassembled.
7. Remove the Internal Parts
- Remove 27 screws from the WiFi card, daughterboard, motherboard, hinges and speakers. Note that one will be behind the Lenovo sticker.
- Use your hands to gently push the palmrest up about two inches from the rest of the computer so that the hinges don’t obstruct the removal of the parts.
- Use your hands to gently push up on the daughterboard, battery, motherboard, and WiFi card. Note that the motherboard and Wi-Fi card will come off together.
- To remove the WiFi card from the motherboard gently pull it away from the motherboard.
8. Remove the Palmrest
- Open the computer to 90 degrees as shown.
- Use your hands to pull the palmrest away from the screen.
11. Remove the LCD Screen, Hinges and LCD Cable
12. Remove the LCD cable from the screen
- Place the tweezers between the tape and the LCD and gently pull to separate them.
- Place the plastic spudger under the black tab and gently push up.
- Use the tweezers to slowly pull the LCD cable away from the LCD connector.