Tools Needed: Plastic Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips Head Screwdriver
1. Remove the Palmrest
- Remove 9 screws from around the bottom cover. Note that 2 of the screws are underneath the rubber feet nearest to the hinges.
- Push the plastic spudger into the space between the palmrest and the bottom cover.
- Push in until you hear a click.
- Run the spudger around the edge of the palmrest until the palmrest and the bottom cover are separated.
Before removing any internal parts you will have to disconnect the cables that attach them to the other parts. The next few steps will detail this process.
7. Remove the Camera Cable
- Remove the tape from the connector.
- Use the tweezers to gently pull the cable away from the motherboard.
Now that all of the cables are disconnected the computer can be disassembled.
9. Remove Internal Parts
11. Remove the LCD Cable from the Screen
- Remove all 4 screws from the LCD, then lift it away from the back cover.
- Pull the tape off of the connector on the back of the LCD.
- Pull the cable out of the connector.
12. Remove the Hinges
- Remove 8 screws from around the hinges.
- Gently use the plastic spudger to separate the hinges from the back cover.
- After they are detached, use your hands to pull the hinges away from the bottom cover.