Tools Needed: Plastic Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips Head Screwdriver
Before removing any internal parts you will have to disconnect the cables that attach them to the other parts. The next few steps will detail this process.
3. Remove Palmrest and Touchpad Cables
- Use the tweezers to lift the black tabs on the connectors.
- Use the tweezers to pull the cables away from the motherboard.
4. Remove the Daughterboard Cable
- Use the tweezers to pull the daughterboard cable away from the motherboard.
7. Remove the LCD Cable from the Motherboard
- Remove the 2 screws holding the metal tab in place.
- Use the tweezers to lift the black tab on the connector.
- Gently pull the cable away from the motherboard.
8. Remove the WiFi Cables
- Remove the screw holding the metal tab in place.
- Use the tweezers to gently pull the cables up from the Wi-Fi connector.
Now that all of the cables are disconnected the computer can be disassembled.
11. Remove the LCD Cable and the Screen
- Use tweezers to pull the tape off of the connector on the back of the LCD.
- Pull the cable out of the connector.
- Use the tweezers to remove the touch connection from the module.