Tools Needed: Plastic Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips Head Screwdriver
1. Remove the Palmrest
- Remove 9 screws from around the bottom cover and 5 additional screws from under the rubber feet.
- Push the plastic spudger into the space between the palmrest and bottom cover. Push in until you hear a click.
- Run the spudger around the edge of the palmrest until the palmrest and the bottom cover are separated.
Before removing any internal parts you will have to disconnect the cables that attach them to the other parts. The next few steps will detail this process.
4. Remove the LCD and Camera Cables from the Motherboard
- Remove the tape from the connector.
- Use the tweezers to gently pull the cable away from the motherboard.
5. Remove the Daughterboard Cable
- Use the tweezers to lift the tab on the connector.
- Use the tweezers to pull the cable away from the motherboard.
Now that all of the cables are disconnected the computer can be disassembled.
9. Remove the Digitizer Module
11. Remove the hinges
- Remove 4 screws from around the hinges and remove the trim piece from the back cover.
- Remove 2 screws from the Trim Piece and open it up.
- Remove 2 screws from the hinges inside of the Trim Piece.
- Use your hands to lift the hinges out.