Tools Needed: Plastic Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips Head Screwdriver
1. Remove the Bottom
- Remove 12 screws from the bottom cover.
- On the right corner farthest from the hinge, gently push the plastic spudger into the gap between the palmrest and the bottom cover.
- Push up slowly until you hear a click.
- Run the spudger around the edge of the palmrest until the palmrest and the bottom cover are separated.
Before removing any internal parts you will have to disconnect the cables that attach them to the other parts. The next few steps will detail this process.
4. Remove the Palmrest Cable
- Using the tweezers, push the black tabs out and away from the white connector piece.
- Use the tweezers to gently pull the cable up and away from the motherboard.
6. Remove Daughterboard and Touchpad Cables
- Place the plastic spudger under the tabs and gently push up.
- Use the tweezers to pull the cables away from the motherboard.
Now that all of the cables are disconnected the computer can be disassembled.
8. Remove Internal Parts
- Remove 11 screws from the Wi-Fi card, daughterboard, motherboard, hinges and camera.
- Use your hands to gently push the palmrest up about two inches to prevent the hinges from obstructing the removal of the internal parts.
- Use your hands to gently pull up on the internal components to remove them. Note that the motherboard and the Wi-Fi card will come off together.
- To remove the Wi-Fi card from the motherboard, gently pull it away from the motherboard.
12. Remove the Back Cover
13. Remove the Camera and Microphone
- Gently push the plastic spudger under the camera board and slowly push up.
- Do this on both sides of the camera board until it separates from the screen.
- Remove the screw from the microphone.
- Gently push the plastic spudger under the microphone.
- Do this on both sides of the microphone until it separates from the screen.
- To remove the cable from the camera use your hand to pull the cable away from the connector.
- Use the same technique to remove the cable from the microphone.
14. Remove the LCD Cable
- Place the tweezers between the tape and the LCD and carefully peel the tape away.
- Place the plastic spudger under the black tab and gently push up.
- With the tweezers slowly pull the LCD cable away from the connector.