Tools Needed: Plastic Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips Head Screwdriver
1. Remove the Bottom Cover / Palmrest
- Remove nine screws from the bottom cover.
- Turn the Chromebook right side up and open it.
- Push the plastic spudger into the space between the palmrest and bottom cover. Push in until you hear a click.
- Run the spudger around the edge of the palmrest until the palmrest and the bottom cover are separated.
Before removing any internal parts you will have to disconnect the cables that attach them to other parts. The next few steps will detail this process.
Now that all of the cables are disconnected the computer can be disassembled.
9. Remove the Internal Parts
- Remove 17 screws from the inside of the chromebook.
- Use your hands to gently pull the daughterboard, motherboard, speakers, and battery out of the bottom cover.
- To remove the WiFi card from the motherboard, gently pull it away from the motherboard.
- When removing the motherboard, use the tweezers to separate the last daughterboard cable from the motherboard.