Tools Needed: Plastic Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips Head Screwdriver
1. Remove the Bottom Cover
- Loosen nine screws from the bottom cover. Note that the 2 screws in the center are covered.
- Push the plastic spudger into the space between the palmrest and bottom cover. Push in until you hear a click.
- Run the spudger around the edge of the palmrest until the palmrest and the bottom cover are separated.
Before removing any internal parts you will have to disconnect the cables that attach them to the other parts. The next few steps will detail this process.
5. Remove the LCD Cable from the Motherboard
- Remove one screw from the metal bracket covering the LCD cable, then remove the bracket.
- Place the plastic spudger under the connector and push up to separate the cable from the motherboard.
Now that all of the cables are disconnected, the computer can be disassembled.
14. Remove the Bezel
- Remove seven screws from the bezel. Four will be under the stickers around the corners of the bezel and three will be at the bottom in the area previously covered by the hinge cover.
- Press a spudger into the space between the bezel and back cover until you hear a click, then run the spudger around the edge of the bezel until the bezel and the back cover are separated.
18. Remove the Camera and Microphone
- Gently push the plastic spudger into the gap between the back cover and the camera.
- Push up very slowly on both sides of the camera until they separate from the back cover.
- To remove the cable from the camera, use your hand to carefully pull the cable away from the camera.