Tools Needed: Plastic Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips Head Screwdriver
Before removing any internal parts you will have to disconnect the cables that attach them to the other parts. The next few steps will detail this process.
3. Remove the Palmrest and Touchpad Cables
- Use the tweezers to push the black tabs out and away from the motherboard.
- Use the tweezers to pull the cables away from the motherboard.
- Place the plastic spudger under the tabs and gently push up.
- Use the tweezers to pull the cable up and away from the motherboard.