Tools Needed: Plastic Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips Head Screwdriver
Before removing any internal parts you will have to disconnect the cables that attach them to the other parts. The next few steps will detail this process.
3. Remove the Palmrest and Touchpad Cables
- Push on the sides of the connector with the plastic spudger to separate the cable from the motherboard.
- Place the plastic spudger under the tabs of touchpad connector and gently push up.
- Use the tweezers to pull the cable up and away from the motherboard.
Now that all of the cables are disconnected the computer can be disassembled.
8. Remove the Internal Parts
- Remove 11 screws from the inside of the Chromebook.
- Use your hands to gently push the palmrest up about two inches from the rest of the computer so that the hinges don’t obstruct the removal of other parts.
- Use your hands to gently pull the daughterboard, motherboard, and battery out of the bottom cover off of the palmrest.
To remove the Wi-Fi card from the motherboard, gently pull it away from the motherboard.
- Use the plastic spudger to separate the speakers from the bottom cover, then remove them.
10. Remove the Palmrest
- Open the Chromebook to 90° and flip it so that it’s laying on the LCD back cover as pictured.
- Use your hands to gently on the palmrest until the palmrest and the LCD assembly are separated.