Tools Needed: Plastic Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips Head Screwdriver
1. Remove the Bottom Cover / Palmrest
- Remove 11 screws from the bottom cover.
- Turn the Chromebook right side up and open it.
- Push the plastic spudger into the space between the palmrest and bottom cover. Push in until you hear a click.
- Run the spudger around the edge of the palmrest until the palmrest and the bottom cover are separated.
Before removing any internal parts you will have to disconnect the cables that attach them to the other parts. The next few steps will detail this process.
2. Remove the Palmrest and Touchpad Cables
- Place the plastic spudger under the tabs and gently push up.
- Use the tweezers to pull the touchpad cable up and away from the motherboard.
Now that all of the cables are disconnected the computer can be disassembled.
10. Remove the Internal Parts
- Remove 11 screws from the inside of the Chromebook.
- Use your hands to gently push up the LCD assembly from the rest of the computer.
- Use your hands to gently pull the daughterboard, motherboard, and battery out of the bottom cover off of the palmrest.
- To remove the Wi-Fi card from the motherboard, gently pull it away from the motherboard.
- Use the plastic spudger to separate the speakers from the bottom cover, then remove them.
11. Remove the Bezel
- Press a spudger into the space between the bezel and back cover until you hear a click, then run the spudger around the edge of the bezel until the bezel and the back cover are separated.
12. Remove the LCD Panel
- Remove all four screws on the LCD panel.
- Use the spudger hands to lift the LCD panel away from the back cover.
- Use the tweezers to pull the tape off of the connector on the back of the LCD panel.
- Use the tweezers to pull the cable out of the connector.